Agricultural & Renewable Energy Insurance

Towergate Cornwall Marine Insurance Towergate Penzance

At Towergate we can offer you a fully-integrated policy from household insurance through to livestock, farm contents, liability to a farm personal accident policy.

  • One insurance policy caters for both your farm and home - including full perils as standard
  • Unique approach to business interruption insurance cover (no average)
  • Storm insurance available for non-standard buildings
  • Theft insurance cover in the open available with a low excess
  • Livestock insurance covers all under one section with cattle passport cover available
Key Features
  • Household buildings insurance
  • Household contents insurance
  • Household 'all risks' insurance
  • Domestic animals insurance
  • Caravan insurance
  • Farm buildings insurance
  • Farm contents insurance
  • Livestock insurance
  • Loss of revenue insurance
  • Public/products liability insurance
  • Employer's liability insurance
  • Money insurance
  • Milk-in-tanks insurance
  • Goods in transit insurance
  • Deterioration of stock insurance
  • Hail (crops) insurance
  • Farm 'all risks' insurance
  • Computer equipment insurance
  • Legal expenses insurance
  • Personal accident and sickness insurance
Our People - Matt Ellin
Matt Ellin

Matt Ellin is our resident expert in Cornwall and specialises in Agricultural, Horticultural and Renewable Energy insurances. Having previously worked for 5 years as the manager of the NFU Mutual office in Truro, Matt is fully aware of the challenges and difficulties faced by farmers and growers. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience that he can call on to advise you regarding the protection of your assets, business interests, personal possessions and income.

Unlike dealing directly with an insurer, we are an insurance intermediary and we can search for the best and most suitable terms for you to consider. We have agreements with many insurers, and Matt has developed excellent relationships with many underwriters, which he calls upon to obtain the very best terms possible for his clients. As we are not tied to one individual insurer, Matt always offers an independent and objective opinion of your requirements, and of the insurance policy most suitable. We do not represent the insurer - instead we represent you as the client.

The panel of insurers Matt uses to place your business have been carefully selected, not only in terms of the scope of the policy and the financial rating of the insurer, but we have also ensured that any claims will be dealt with in a fair and swift manner. With this in mind, why not give us a try? Matt is more than happy to discuss your requirements in person at your address or over the telephone, and will offer a free no-obligation quote for you to consider. Please call Matt directly on 01209 200301 or 07867 554590, or email him at to discuss your requirements further. He looks forward to hearing from you!

Renewable Energy

Renewable Energy

The Renewable Energy market is rapidly expanding, and we are keen to support and encourage the industry. However, the equipment used in energy generation, as well as the scale and unique features of each individual project, means that obtaining insurance can sometimes be difficult and almost always requires an expert hand. Many insurers will not provide the insurance cover you require to protect both your renewable energy generator, and the income this generation offers.

With this in mind, Matt has developed relationships with several of the leading insurers offering cover for Renewable Energies and has received 1:2:1 training from the underwriters to ensure that he is able to provide the exact advice you require for your project. If you are thinking of investing in Renewable Energy, or you are a company that designs and/or installs renewable energy systems, Matt can arrange cover for the Design, Transit, Construction and Operation stages of any project. Please call Matt directly on 01326 213211 or 07867 554590, or email him at to discuss your requirements further.

Tenant Farmers Assocation
"Here at Towergate we work closely with the Tenant Farmers Association to bring their members the benefits of our relationship"

What is the TFA?
The Tenant Farmers Association is the only organisation dedicated to helping the tenanted sector in agriculture in England and Wales. The TFA provides advice to members on all agricultural issues affecting them and their farms. The TFA lobbies at all levels of Government to ensure the needs of tenant farmers are voiced at the highest level.

How can we help you?
The TFA offers a membership package for those who rent agricultural land. This package includes unlimited advice on agricultural issues from the TFA's Advisers and access to the members' area of the TFA website which houses rent comparables, tenancy opportunities, template letters and briefing notes on issues affecting agriculture from the tenant's perspective as they arise.

Want to find out more?
Visit the TFA website at or call the TFA Head Office on 0118 930 6130 for further information.